Women Hair Loss Treatment
Losing hair is traumatic, especially for women, as many women take pride in the appearance of their beautiful hair. Hair loss in women is very different from that in men. Unlike hair loss for men, where it is the hairline that starts receding, in women, the thinning of hair begins at the crown of the head and the thinning typically spreads over women's entire head.
Causes for Hair Loss in Women
There are many reasons for hair loss and Women's Hair Loss Treatment is determined according to the cause. These causes can be due to genetic reasons, immune system, malnutrition, aging, and many other reasons. But before going into the causes, a woman should know about the types of hair loss.
There are two types of hair loss:
- Alopecia Areata - This form of hair loss occurs when the immune system starts attacking the hair follicles, causing hair to fall out. It can result in hair loss not only on the head, but other parts of the body as well.
- Androgenetic Alopecia - This kind of hair loss occurs due to genetic reasons. Men most often suffer from this kind of hair loss, but occasionally, this also happens to women.
The main reasons for hair loss in women are genetics or aging. Additionally, during pregnancy and childbirth, when a woman's body undergoes major hormonal changes, can affect women's hair. Other reasons include a traumatic incident that can also cause hair loss, an illness like high fever, or sudden weight loss.
Women's hair loss happens gradually and begins at the crown of the head with thinning hair. Women can also see broken hair or hair that is easily removed by combing with fingers or a brush.
Women Hair Loss Treatment Using Herbs
There are many methods associated with Women Hair Loss Treatment, starting from a change in lifestyle, diet, and inclusion of vitamin supplements. Women can also use natural products to increase the growth of healthy hair and to stop hair thinning.
Natural Topical Treatment
You can treat hair loss by topical application of special oils like rosemary or jojoba oil on the scalp and massaging it for 10 minutes. Apply these oils everyday.
In addition to this, massage the scalp with warm almond oil at least once a week. Tie a turban around the hair, and let it rest for 2-3 hours. Application of natural products like honey, Aloe Vera, egg yolk and others are also helpful in prevention of hair loss.
A more traditional way of Women Hair Loss Treatment is through herbs. Using herbs like Saw Palmetto and massaging the scalp with aroma oils like thyme, cedar wood, rosemary, and lavender combined with carrier oils like grape seed or jojoba oil are also effective solutions for hair loss.
Mix 1 tablespoon of essential oil with approximately 5 drops of carrier oil and massage into the scalp everyday.
Women Hair loss Treatment Using Vitamin Supplements
Vitamins should be taken only after consultation with a physician, but there is no doubt about their effectiveness in treating hair loss. The following vitamins help to slow down the process of hair loss.
- Vitamin A - Vitamin A protects hair follicles. It is found in nuts and fish oils. But, over dosage of this vitamin can cause hair fall so women should be careful when you include it in your diet.
- Vitamin B - This vitamin reduces stress and nourishes hair follicles. Biotin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, and thiamin are vitamins used to increase hair production and support healthier hair growth.
- Vitamin C - This vitamin is used to treat scurvy, which can cause hair loss. If your hair loss is accompanied by scurvy, then you can either take vitamin C supplements or eat fruits like limes, grapefruits, lemons, and oranges to treat both problems.
- Vitamin E - This vitamin is used as Women Hair Loss Treatment by strengthening the cardiovascular system and improving blood circulation. Increased blood circulation is involved in better nourishment for the hair follicles.
In addition to all these, include zinc in your diet, as it is also important for healthy hair. Eat well, exercise, and follow the tips given above, and your hair will soon start re-growing.